Overheard: Ballyhack Mums
1. Seriously though, people think because i food-shop at M&S we must be rich. But last week i read on mumsnet that ASDA nappies are the best.
But by the time I fuel up the TT and drive to Dundonald it’s not really a saving is it?
2. The nannie didn’t show up until 9am this morning? Does she not think i have places to be by 9am?
I was late for the first zumba class at David Lloyd and had to settle for extreme-pilates instead. Which reminds me, Gerrard says i need a new racket as my backhand is “losing zing”
3. The costs just keep racking up. We had to buy Jules the new ipad as we couldn’t figure out how to add any more Peppa Pig on to her old one. She’s the first in her class to have a full retina display though. So there are up sides.
4. We’re sending Jacob to Irish dancing. Y’know it’s important for him to grow up with both cultures.
We voted Alliance at the last elections too. Not that i tell everyone that… yknow, with the Flags thing.
5. I sent them to school with their daily coffee money… and you know what they did with it?
They spent it ALL on Chichetti at Il Pirata. Thomas gave it away when i smelt extra virgin olive oil on his blazer.
6. She came home from school yesterday demanding a Balinese spa trip. “We’ve only been on the school ski trip to Colorado mum, and that’s not a REAL holiday!.”
“I couldn’t believe it! She was totally right…. apart from the girls shopping trip to London, we’ve not been anywhere in weeks. I got her a lovely set of Uggs on that trip.”
7. Y’know Ballyhack is really where it’s at these days. I’m so glad we didn’t bring the kids up on “Belmont”! Can you imagine…. where would we buy fresh pasta?
8. Remember the “Iceland Days”? Jesus… we had to drive all the way to Holywood just to get olives for the kids lunches!
Thank god M&S took over. I was horrified that the kids would have to look at pictures of those ghastly Prawn Roulades.
9. The downside of Ballyhack? Have you ever tried to park a Landrover outside the butchers? By the time i get a space all the mutton is gone.
Yes mutton, Nigel Slater says it’s very fashionable these days to use peasant cuts. Much more flavour. Have you seen his kitchen by the way?!
10. We got a memo saying that we shouldn’t be driving the kids to school. But there are some thing’s kids shouldn’t have to see… there’s a B&M Home Bargains on the route. In fairness, they are very good for pickled continental items.
11. We’d love to move. Not somewhere big… just a place with a proper pantry and another downstairs toilet. But then again, it’s just another bathroom for Sharon to clean, and she does such a shit job of the existing ones.